Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bootcamp Day #1


I did it! I survived the first day of boot camp!
It was much better than I was expecting :)

 To be honest, I was really apprehensive about starting boot camp, 
as I said earlier, my fitness level is not what it used to be 
and I tend to over think everything; I was being a big scaredy cat.

Worried that I would be the slowest one,
Worried that I would be the weakest one,
Worried that I would be the whiniest one
(ok, I guess I have control over that one)

(source) 

But it was great!
It was a good workout, the leader was super encouraging
and the other participants were also really friendly.

Yesterday was a mix of a little bit of everything.
We ran some laps, did a cardio circuit (high knees, jumping jacks, zigzags, pushups, repeat), 
squats, lunges, more push ups and some moves targeting shoulders, triceps, biceps and core 
(presses, curls and dips.. oh my!) 
Little. Bit. Of. Everything.

(source)


 The leader wants us to set a goal for the next month. Most girls said something like 
“to tone up” or “to not quit”, but I want something more substantial and SMART
I thought about saying "I want to lose ___ pounds",
but let's be honest here (and we can be honest, right??) 
 I'm gonna get super buff... like bench-pressing-a-rhino-while-yogging-uphill kinda buff
(Ashley, you with me on this? Let's find some rhinos...)

And we all know muscle weighs more than fat, 
so judging my progress purely on my gravitational pull isn't sufficient for me.
So I'm gonna go for a loss of __% body fat.
I have a number in my head, but don't want to say it aloud until I do a little more research.
  My bathroom scale is AMAZING and tracks everything, so it should be easy to judge.




Have you ever done a boot camp? 
Do you have any pre-summer-slash-bathing-suit workout plans?
What % body fat do you think is realistic to loose in 4 weeks? 
I tried to find sources online for a good "one month goal" but couldn't find much. 
I'd love to hear your opinion!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Go you!! I've never done a boot camp, but I'd love to try one some day!!

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie said...

I've never done a boot camp before - and I really want to integrate some new workouts (besides running/biking) to get ready for bikini season. It's getting hot here already so I better jump on it!

Ari @ Ari's Menu said...

One time I went to this boot camp in a parking lot...it was weird, haha. This super buff fitness instructor at my gym has one that I've been wanting/terrified to try. I'm excited to hear about how it goes!

Ash said...

im looking into getting rhinos.. should take 4-6 weeks if i fed-ex those bitches from africa..

until then, we can always find some mountain lions to wrestle.. or some mischas to take down?

Kristin W said...

I've said it once, but I'll say it again...SUPER jealous of your bootcamp!

Happy it went well!