Experimenting in the kitchen is one of my favorite hobbies... but its tax season right now. I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess that no one reading this post is a tax accountant (Right? Right? Ok, so maybe it was a lame poke in the light), so I can explain to you what that means to me.
- I am working on average 55-60 hours a week (only two more weeks left!)
- I am too lazy to spend hours cooking extravagant meals when I get home from work
- I am too lazy to wake up early and prep a "real meal" before work
Ergo, I've been eating "easy meals", but trying to stay on the healthy side. Hopefully I spend some time in the kitchen this weekend... but until then, here's a peek into what my meals were like yesterday...
Breakfast
Vega One meal shake with unsweetened Almond Milk and a banana.
I love that the Vega One powder has three servings of green vegetables in each scoop, along with a boatload of other good-for-you's. It's also vegan, mostly raw and super easy for my lazy butt in the morning.
Also, I love my yellow blender bottle. Yellow makes me happy :)
Lunch
Mean Green Sammich Machine: Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain bread, cucumber, avocado, alfafa sprouts, vegenaise, red leaf lettuce, and spinach.
Oooooh I do love me a good sammich! My momma used to make fun of me for it. Said that in order to win my heart, a boy should show up with a sandwich instead of flowers. You may laugh, but my momma is a smart, smart lady.
Dinner
(not pictured.... oops!)
Essentially a repeat of lunch, minus the bread. I went to the gym (running plan, workout day #3... woohoo! Go me!) and when I got home I wasn't hungry at all... but I knew I needed to eat something, so I made some lettuce wraps using essentially the same ingredients as the sammich.
Speaking of the gym... when I was leaving there tonight, there was the most gorgeous sunset! I snapped a quick pic before hopping in the car. Arizona really does have the prettiest sunsets that I have ever seen - and that's a bold statement coming from someone who grew up in So Cal watching the sun set behind the Pacific!
Have a great Friday! :)
2 comments:
.... and now i'm STARVING!
damn girl, next time we are out there, i am requesting all of this deliciousness (:
and YAY two more weeks!
make sure you link up here with this!!! (i LOVE devon.. and you would, too!)
http://themermaidchronicles.blogspot.com/
she does meatless mondays... and has a button you can put at the end of posts!!
Post a Comment