Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a weekend! 
I had Friday off, so I spent the day shopping and wining and dining myself. 
And by wine, I mean beer. 
And by dine, I mean pizza. 
Obviously.


spinach, artichoke, kalamata olives, feta cheese, onions, red peppers and pesto
aka heaven in my mouth

Then Friday night I met up with some friends that I hadn't seen in a few months at the grand opening of El Santo Cantina, a neat little cabana/cantina type bar that has a pool and a tiki hut sort of theme. All of their drinks were half off so I helped myself to a couple of skinny margaritas. You can probably tell I'm not a seasoned blogger yet, because I didn't take too many pictures during the night.


Thanks, sleeve, for making me look disfigured.
We only managed to take this picture because someone was trying to play cupid and wanted to have a picture of one of these fine ladies to show his friend at work. 

Saturday, was our big birthday celebrations and I started out the night with my boyfriend and his friends. We went to Geisha A Go Go for happy hour (Yes, I know. I had sushi on Cinco de Mayo... but the boyfriend isn't a big fan of Mexican food. I never claimed he was without fault.) It wasn't crowded at all and we tried some BOMB cucumber infused sake. 

Happy Birthday, Cooper!

Then, after dinner (but before meeting up with my roommate and her fiance for their birthday celebrations) we all decided to have a mini photo shoot... with weapons. 
Because, that's what you do on Cinco de Mayo, right? 

I'm totally chanelling Leonardo right now. 
 By the way, I may or may not have stuck this pose before.
Zach's little knife was no match for my swords... but uh, I probably should look out behind me.

And then there was the time that the boys said "hey, you should wear this hat in the pictures".
Fashion photo shoot.
Bam. I guess I am a blogger.
 Then we finally made it out to Old Town Scottsdale and bar hopped all over the place. We met up with like 15 other friends, took a million practically no pictures... but had a blast!
The ONE picture we did take out on Saturday night.
Sunday morning we headed on down to the Chinese Cultural Center for some individualized herbal teas, but I will tell you all about that adventure in a different post

After the Chinese Cultural Center we went to The Grind for lunch. This is technically where me and the boyfriend had our first date. Which was kind of fitting because our 8 month anniversary was just a few days earlier. I don't think we have ever officially celebrated our monthiversaries, but it was a nice coincidence.


His food... of course I didn't think to take a picture of my own food.


Things I learned this weekend: 
1. I am not as graceful in heels as I thought I was. Let's just say I fought the curb... and the curb won. There was no face plant (thank god!) but I did manage to twist my ankle.
2. I need to remember to take more pictures. I get so distracted having fun, eating food and playing with swords, unless someone else grabs my camera, I'll have nothing to share. 
3. I am in desperate need for some Mexican food. It's been too long, my friend. Next time I wine and dine myself.... we're going burrito/cerveza style. 


What did you guys do this weekend? 
Did you have an awesome Cinco de Mayo?


7 comments:

Devon said...

Looks like you had a blast this weekend! The food looks delicious!

Lyndsy said...

I'm super jealous of your weekend, even if you didn't have a ton of pictures! Looks like fun!

Ash said...

that pizza looks BOMB! you are SO WELCOME for telling you you to go there (;

forget ninja turtles, these pics have pirate party circa 2004 written ALL OVER THEM!

"BAM, i guess i am a blogger" bahahhahaha

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend!!

Kristin W said...

Amazing weekend! And holy shit...you just convinced me to take a day off work to wine and dine/beer and pizza myself!

Anna said...

that pizza looks AMAZING. and those pictures of you with the swords.. awesome. i mean, what's a weekend without a photoshoot with swords?!

Phyllin Phat said...

How was El Canto? It's in my neck of the woods...worth a visit?